Monday, February 22, 2010

Shots day

Today Maegwin goes in for her first set of shots. I'm not very pleased about it but I'm sure she'll be fine. It can't be any worse than the foot sticking incident which lasted for an hour. At least I know this will be quick and I'm planning to comfort nurse her a bit afterward. She was really good with other blood draws later so I bet I'll be more upset than she is. I know it's for the best though. I'm hoping if she's doing ok after to stop by her daycare and drop her sheets off and some spare outfits and a bag of frozen breast milk for them as an emergency thing.

She has been smiling up a storm and I finally caught some really good ones on camera.
smiling
I may have gone a little crazy with snapping photos. I'm sure you all understand.
still smiling
closer smile
Overall she is such a happy and curious baby. She loves the lights on her play gym now.
ooh so interesting

I got quite a bit of knitting done this weekend. I'm three whole rows into the pattern on Josie's blanket. I'm done with the lower border. Of course on the pattern set up row I missed a stitch 246 stitches back and didn't notice it until I got to the end of the row and had an extra stitch. 30 minutes later I had ripped back and reknit that one row. :p We were watching Charlie Wilson's War, which by the way is a great movie, so I was distracted. Word of advice, don't watch a good movie when knitting a blanket that involves working four sets of charts simultaneously. It is not a good mix. I could have jinxed myself more only by mixing in a good glass of wine. I also got the rest of the back of Maegwin's hoodie knit and am halfway up the sleeves. I'll finish those up today and hopefully the hood tomorrow.

We had a good relaxing weekend. Most of it looked like this:
sleeping on daddy
Josh shaved and we made sure Maegwin was in the bathroom to see it through the various stages. We didn't want her to suddenly see clean-shaven Daddy and freak out. He's had his beard the whole time she's been alive.

I saw this cute video today and wanted to share. I thought it was so sweet and it made me smile.


Off to the sudden but inevitable betrayal! I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment