Wednesday, February 3, 2010

7 weeks old

Maegwin is seven weeks old today and it seems like my leave is flying by. She can really reach for things now, smiles all the time, and can push herself around if you put your hands down by her feet. It's amazing how quickly she is growing. I'm really curious how much she has grown. She has her eight week checkup next week where she'll get her next round of vaccinations so I'll find out her weight and length. I've been having some issues with my left wrist. Quite a bit of pain along my thumb and down into the wrist and arm. Many of the other new moms on my board have the same thing and I suspect it might be DeQuervain’s tendonitis but I'm going to see if the doctor can see me the same appointment to confirm. For now I'm just wearing a brace to sleep so I don't mess it up more. I take Ibuprofen when it gets too bad, mainly just after I wake up.

I've been working out at least three times a week trying to get back in shape. Boy, having a baby definitely made my abs so weak! Doing crunches is way harder than it used to be. I'm also only up to lifting five pound weights for any respectable amount of reps. I know it will get better but it is daunting knowing how far I have to go. My goal is to be more or less back in shape by the family reunion. Most of my tops fit me from before but my pants do not.

I caught a decent ending of a smile from Maegwin the other day. She was very happy in her swing while I worked out. I think she was laughing at me.
winding down from a smile
She also reached out and hit her zebra which was something new. She has never reached for something so far before.
what are you doing mr. zebra
I tried to take a picture of the two of us together in the mirror. I don't think it turned out too bad other than having weird bathroom lighting.
Mom & Baby
For now she definitely has grey eyes like mine. They seem to be tending more that way which is cool. It's the one thing where she looks like me.
eyes like mommy's

No comments:

Post a Comment