Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy busy!

I finished two projects yesterday! We watched the new Terminator movie and the Star Trek movie and I knit away. My first was a pair of Fetching handwarmers from Knitty.com. Pattern can be found here. I've made a few pairs of these and they never disappoint me. These were made with RYC Cashsoft Aran, a super soft washable blend of merino, cashmere, and microfiber. I'm working on a hat to match them in Louet Gems Bulky that I got in a goodie bag from the Knitters Connection show.
Red Fetchings
They will be a Christmas present for someone, not sure who yet but probably my sister.

I also finished up a very cute baby hat. The pattern is the Swirl Hat by SheepyTime knits. Ravelry link here. I had some leftover Handmaiden Casbah yarn from some socks I made. It's a super soft Cashmere merino blend. The socks I made from it are my favorite pair-very warm and cozy so I think a hat will be great. Maegwin can be spoiled by luxury fibers from birth.
Baby swirl hat

I have a vacation day today so hopefully I can finish straightening up the house. We've been trying to keep things more tidy since we don't know when I will go into labor and don't want to leave things a mess for days and come back to that when I'm unable to clean. Typically we just do this on the weekends. I've been waiting for the nesting instinct to kick in and give me all that energy but no luck yet. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment