Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mostly better

Things are mostly better today though Maegwin & I were up until about 2:30 last night. I think she may not like hot chocolate. I'm going to see tonight by avoiding it. We also switched to having a salad late at night and it might be too much roughage for her. I'm hoping that isn't it because I'm really enjoying eating them and my own stomach feels so much better having moved back toward what we normally eat. She had a nice long nap after her morning feeding though. I was trimming her nails and accidentally caught some skin in the clippers. It was bleeding a bit and I felt horrible. I iced it until it stopped and she fell asleep once she stopped crying. She has been sleeping so well on her tummy today that I'm going to do that for her naps from now on. I know I'm supposed to put her on her back but she really hates it. If I do that I have to carry her around because she will start bawling as soon as I lay her down. During her nap I managed to get the dishes done, a load of her diapers through the wash and laid out to dry, my desk cleaned off, and some documents shredded that I've had in a pile forever.

We also played some on the mat. I alternated putting her on her tummy and on her back so she could see the mat and all the fun things hanging above it. She is doing really well reaching for things. She was hitting this little spinning disc thing that has monkeys on it and batting at the toucan. I got some great shots of her.

Observing the toucan while hitting the monkey disc:
happy playing

Batting at the toucan:
hitting the toucan

I also took a video of her yesterday while she was sleeping. I really love the little sounds she makes and her tiny gassy smiles. I can't wait until she smiles for real.


Today is my 32nd birthday and I couldn't be happier with where things are. We probably aren't doing anything special but my co-workers called to wish me happy birthday on speaker phone. It was nice to hear from them. I love being home with the baby but I miss having some other social interaction. Maybe I'll make some apple crisp and use up all the extra apples we have in the house. It doesn't have to be a cake and I'm not putting 32 candles in it anyway. :P

Planck is doing much better and I'm slowly mixing back in his regular food with rice. No more throwing up. Einstein has strained something in his right front leg and has been limping around for two days. He's slowly putting more weight on it but I was worried I'd have to take him to the vet for a very expensive set of x-rays, etc. Josh and I have been making sure we pick him up to put him anywhere he might want to jump to and carrying him outside to go potty. With all the ice around he probably slipped while he was out.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Things get better as time goes on. Of course I'm only a month ahead of you, but the past month was so much easier than the one before it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Nina! I love looking at the pictures & videos of my little 'grand-niece'. I so cannot wait to meet her! I remember well the first few months of figuring Em/my diet out and how to make it harmonious...you'll get there too. Give her kisses from us and bday hugs to yourself!

    xox-sara/jonathan/emma

    ReplyDelete