Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hoodie!

Just a quick post...it's 8:40 and I need to get things ready for tomorrow. I finished Maegwin's hoodie and it came out great! Luckily it fits perfectly. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't. Thank goodness when I started it way back in September I made the 3-6 month size. Maybe somewhere in the back of my head I knew she would be a big baby.
in the hood
Pattern: Jasper Diamond Hoodie from Vintage Baby Knits. Ravelry link
Yarn: Knitpicks City Tweed DK in the Romance colorway
Needles: size 4 addis and Knitpicks interchangeables
Mods: None really
I love this yarn and would happily knit with it again. It is very soft and warm, but feels like it will hold up really well. It stood up to me ripping it out multiple times. :P This sweater was my first with set in sleeves and my first hood. The hood is made using short row shaping and then grafting along the back. It makes that adorable point. :) The hood reminds me of gnomes and if you know me, you know I have a thing for lawn gnomes. All in all I love the sweater and I think she'll get lots of use out of it as we prepare our garden for the season.

side view

interesting hands

Now it is all blanket all the time until it is done. Ok, ok I might do the Niles & Cleo dolls for Maegwin as a breather. They are too darn cute.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, and your daughter looks like she loves it! I like the diamond pattern on the hood

    ReplyDelete