Monday, August 10, 2009

At home

So apparently another fun symptom of pregnancy is that I'm now allergic to urushiol. If you don't know, that is the oil that is secreted by poison oak, ivy, and sumac. I have not had reactions to it in the past. I used to be able to run around in it as a kid. I had a small patch on my leg that was a bit itchy but thought nothing of it. Today the entire inner part of both my legs is all rash covered. Ick! Luckily Josh had a bout of it a few weeks ago so we still had some Zanfel in the house. I treated myself and am now at home trying not to itch. The stuff actually works great for getting rid of the irritation though. I plan to listen to episodes of Cast-on, enjoy our new sofa, break down the boxes from our recent furniture purchases, and catch up on house cleaning.

We are very happy to finally be transforming our house into a cozy visiting place. We bought a chaise/sofa combo and a day sofa for upstairs in the knitting room. The sides lay out to make a twin bed which will work great when family comes to visit over the holidays. Let me just say-Cost Plus kicks Ikea's butt on prices and quality.



All we need now is a dining room table and chairs and a different desk for me. We plan to move them upstairs (out of the dining room where they are now) and with the Cape Cod ceilings, my current desk is too tall to fit. Honestly I want a smaller one anyway since I'll have all my craft cubbies readily accessible anyway and won't have to put all my knitting all over the place on my desk. I really love the tote pictured in the sofa photo. We made gift bags for all our neighbors with coffee, chocolate, scone mix, some candles, etc to thank them for helping us mow our lawn and found the super cute Crafts totes. I'll probably slowly buy some for the shelves upstairs.

I've got two more squares to knit for the baby blanket exchange. I've had fun with it but I don't know that I'd do it again for a bit. It's pretty tiresome to have to knit the same thing over and over for a month. I've also felt like I couldn't be as leisurely about my knitting as I usually am. I like the flexibility of knitting when I want to and going for days without if I want to. With a looming deadline I haven't been able to do that. I also have really wanted to do some baby garment knitting now that I know we are having a girl. So no more squares for me for a looong time. I do like how they have turned out though.


No comments:

Post a Comment