Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cold April

So in true Ohio fashion, winter came in April.  It's been chilly off and on and we even had a few days where it dipped into the 20's at night!  So odd!  I just finished mowing the grass on the riding mower for the first time in 44 degree weather.  I wanted a hot chocolate for my drink holder.  hehe  I felt pretty good about it and I have to say that having a riding mower really makes me enjoy owning property more.  What used to take 4 hours or more to push mow took just an hour and I'm not exhausted and spent for the day at the end of it.  Win win I say.  Of course we couldn't pay for it all in one month but still totally worth it.  Stupid doctor bills!  I honestly don't know how people without insurance do it.  I see those pre-insurance costs and it would ruin us financially.  It really would, and I don't have any particularly life threatening conditions.  I'm really hoping after my surgery tomorrow that things slow down a lot on the medical front.  Plus side is I blew through our deductible in the first two months of the year.  lol

At Easter we went out this year to Buca di Beppo which is an Italian restaurant for those not familiar.  They serve family style so it was perfect.  My mom, stepdad, sister, niece, and Josh, Maegwin, and I all went.  Maegwin enjoyed seeing everyone and posed with Daddy.
get your game face on
She was quite the shutterbug.
pretty in pink
She shared my pear italian soda and insisted that we drink it together for the rest of the meal. I think she liked that it was pink.
drink with me mommy

I've been working on another swap package for my Itty Bitty knitters group. This time the theme is hedgehogs and hippos. The bonus challenge is that all components of the package must be things related to the letter H. I just need to add a face to my hippo but otherwise all is ready to go.
hippo preview
I'm also sewing some ears on little bunny bootees that I knit for a co-worker. I think his baby is due in the next few weeks so I want to give them to him when I'm back at work on Wednesday. Other than that, I have half a Maegwin sock to knit, another fish sock like the one in my last post, and then I plan to start a Spring Garden Tee for Maegwin with the same yarn I used for baby Lily's flower cardigan set. I have three and a half balls left over and really can't think of anything else to use it for than a baby or toddler knit. After all those are done it should be time to shift into summer knitting mode and I have a few sweaters/tees picked out for me that I'd like to do.

Our seedlings are doing well in the basement but we had a mouse come into our house when the weather turned again.  The crazy little thing kept eating our seedlings and managed to get all of our coneflowers and a bit of radish before we caught him.  Nothing seems to be nibbled since then but we've got a few traps up just in case.  We let Cordova out in the garden with it and she just batted at it once then walked away.  The thing actually ran back INTO the trap.  I guess she's too old to be a ratter anymore but it makes me sad.

Thank you to everyone who sent us anniversary cards and wishes!  I've still got some flowers from the bouquets that Josh and Maegwin picked out strewn all over the house.  They were mostly Gerbera daisies which I love and they are great to keep.  I just cut most of the stems off and put them in shorter vases and they perked right up again!

Short post for now-Maegwin just went down for a nap so I want to take advantage of the time.  Crossing my fingers for surgery tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment