Saturday, January 17, 2009

So freaking cold!

Last night Josh and I were nestling down to go to sleep and reached back to adjust the big body pillow I had put up against the wall. We kind of use it in place of a headboard just to insulate our heads a bit from the wall. It felt a bit wet behind the pillow so we moved it away. There was freaking ice on the wall!!! ICE!!! In the house! The best we can figure is that since it was insulated from the heated air hitting it, it got cold and there was probably trapped moisture back there. It was trippy though. Last night it was -12 degrees Fahrenheit.

Our dogs hate going out in this kind of weather. They just run to the bottom of the stairs, pee as fast as they can, and run back up. Even our friendly raccoon who lives in our woodpile came out this morning for his daily forage and trudged back to the woodpile after about a minute of being out. I was going to photograph him but I don't blame him at all for not wanting to be out.

Last night I was sitting in my chair watching the Daily Show with Josh and I cast on another sock. Now, I really don't need any other projects. I have some beautiful legwarmers I am working on that I'm nearly done with one of and I have the dreaded size 12 sock of doom. There were empty needles, cashmere sock yarn, and a new Knitty pattern and the temptation was just too great. I vow to finish the legwarmers before the socks though. See, they are so pretty:



I'd like to wear them so I can use all the skirts I own again. I've been pants only since about November.

No comments:

Post a Comment