Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year's resolution #1 down!

I had quite a few New Year's resolutions this year, all of which I felt would be easy to accomplish. One of them was to start a blog. I avidly read a great many blogs but just couldn't think of what to call mine, what to focus on, where to host it, etc. My husband and I recently bought a beautiful house that was built in 1900 and I have a spent a lot of time at http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/. Go there, I can wait. You will probably be a while. It sucks me in constantly. So I thought, why not write about my knitting AND learning about our house and how to update it. Surely other people might like to know this info as well. So bam-this old knit. Let's see if I get sued. :)
I suppose this first post should be an obligatory about me post, although friends will probably be the only ones reading this. My name is Nina, I'm 31 and an accountant. I am one of those odd birds who LOVES accounting. I mean it, I love it. I love the sense it makes, the simplicity, the black and whiteness of it. I learned about debits and credits at age five when my mom took me to her college courses with her and it just clicked. I made tiny ledgers at home and mocked up fake taxes.

See-geeky.

I also really love knitting. I spend a lot of time on Ravelry. If you knit and haven't heard of Ravelry, you should check it out. It is the hugest, most fun time sink in the world. I am currently knitting a hat out of Malabrigo Silky Merino yarn. This is my first experience working with the silky merino and I have to say I am totally in love. It is so light, soft, and shiny. The colors are deep and beautiful. I hope that the hat will be warm since I seem to be wearing hats constantly these days in Ohio and I only have one that is really fitting me. The colors are very autumnal.




No comments:

Post a Comment